Thursday, February 22, 2007

Peg's Law

Reacting to my latest status message, "If it's Sri Sri Ravi Shankar, why not cool cool shankin :P", Kaka suggested I start a cult named cool cool shankin and art of blogging* . Jokes(?) apart, it has been two years and surely I qualify to be called a veteran blogger. Coincidentally, it is my fiftieth post too. Do check out two of my favorite posts in last year (here and here). People loved this post as well.

For a light post after a long time, I present some of the quotable quotes by me in the last year.

Quotable Quotes
:

Pride:
(On being asked about certain position of responsibility in my hostel)
"I am in fourth year, I dont have to work"
(I wasn't that lucky)

Envy:
(No reference to context required)
"Even he gets chicks!"
(No comments)

Gluttony:
(Chat transcript that repeated over 30 times in the 7th Semester)
Maro: Ascendas
Shankar: How can I say no to that?
Maro: Peace, leaving in 5 mins
(Ascendas is a food court that is open (used to) 24 hours.... my visit is usually between 1 am and 2 am)

Sloth:
(On being a Quality Management System Co-ordinator (QMS Coord) in Saarang without having to do any work)
"In 4th year, all I care is Grub (food) coupons and free entry into pro. shows (professional shows)"
(I was successful :) )

Lust:
(Near Monkey Falls.... looking at all dressed up women)
"What is it with Indian women, its like .... they are born with cloths"
(I know thats sexist and cruel, but one is surely gonna a laugh at it. I am not really that bad a person. trust me!)

"Three most wanted Ws - wine, weed and women....hmmm.... wine and weed can be brought with money. Women ...... that too!"
(Really, it's just a joke)

Averice:
(On being asked to share food coupons I got from being a QMS Coord)
"I don't want to part with my hard-earned money"
(Eventually, I had to :( )

Wrath:
(on being ridiculed for celebrating blog birthday last year)
"Get lost!!! People do celebrate blog birthdays. "
(I may have used more provocative phrase other than 'get lost')

It has been two years since I started the blog. It's been great. Over the last year I have been less geekier then the year before, wasted a little less time, a bit more studious, a lot more serious owing to app, have had funnier status messages, blogged on both serious and fun issues and also, unfortunatly, chickless.

Past few months have been excellent. Been to Hampi, Goa, Coimbatore, Pondycherry and Delhi already. And I am looking forward eagerly to Tokyo in Mid-March. Hoping for a fun filled semester ahead. This blog will keep you informed.

In case you were still wondering, Peg's Law is a mnemonic for the seven deadly sins.

*Update:
I respect Sri Sri Ravi Shankar as a person who has influenced many lives in a positive way. The status message did not intend to offend anyone and should be taken in jest. No offense meant.

Comments:
I take great pleasure in wishing Cool Coolshankin's blog a very happy second birthday! I'm proud that this blog has been blessed with a very caring father!!

FLASH NEWS: Starting tomorrow, Cool Cool Shankin will be selecting people to take part in his wonderful training programme that shall be called "Cool Cool Shankin and the Art of Blogging". Dont miss this chance... who knows, you might one day become --dash-- --dash-- somebody (where the dash is something really cool!) and your quotes might become quotable quotes (though they may be quoted only on your own blogs or as your status message :P)... So hurry!

- Kaka (Yay! I was the first to comment on this award-winning blog!!)
 
Coolshanks! Careful with the typos - 'Averice' etc...
Of course, we do get it, and hence goes the one phrase that kills all criticism, all opposition, in IITM - "Light ra Mama!"
And lovely quote on the three most wanted 'W's. Not to forget, most often, if you get ample of the 'W's, you also get ample 'W's on the Grade Card :P
Peg's Law - ROFLMAO!
 
Happy Birthday to your blog!

Now put treat! :D
 
This is my favorite blog. Hope you continue blogging for years..
 
Another quotable quote:-
"Ask my blog" (Coolshankin on being asked for a 'jujubi' 5Rs treat on his blog birthday)
Seriously, after all that the blog has given you, you cant put a 5 bucks treat. SHAME ON YOU!!!
 
happy birthday blog!
And yeah Cool Cool shankin sounds like a Cool Cool name. stick to it. you might become great one day.
 
Hi man,

Good to find that u still blog...cause most of the people whom I used to know left blogging.

Keep up the creative work.

Regards,
Shitij
 
cool cool shakin has a cool cool blog...

loved d quotes....used by all at 1 point of life or d oder...

keep quotin n bloggin ;)
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]